Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where was this when I was in school?

Thing 21- Student 2.0 tools
The Assignment Calculator and Research Project Calculator are such simple ideas, but they are super. Wish I had these...or thought to create them for myself... back in the dark ages when I was in school. They could easily be modified to accomodate the students schedule (you would need to fit in the dance classes, soccer games and of course Friday nights are party nights) and it would be a help for parents to keep better track of progress on assignments, rather than just hearing "I'm working on it". Getting this web site out to dedicated students (and the parents of not-so-dedicated ones) would be great. I liked the Minnesota 5 Student Research Planning Guide, the triangle to help narrow a broad topic, and the What is Research poster. All three would help keep a student focused and on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment